Sunday, February 5, 2012

Am I A Warrior? - Day One

So, it's been over a year since I've posted anything.  Pitiful.  I could sit here any type that it's because I've been busy trying to keep up with my rambucious and totally awesome two year old (Holy Shit! He's two! Where does the time go?), or work has been crazy, or nothing exciting has been going on worth posting, but that's all bullshit.  Plain and simple, I'm lazy.  I have the best intentions and the most spectacular ideas, but my follow-through is seriously lacking.  I can admit it.  But I'm here to change all that.  My real reason for picking up the virtual pen again and trying to blog more is the fact that in 125 days from now, I will be partaking in this. What has happened that has lead me to this point, you say?  Well, in March of last year (2011) I starting trying to lose weigh.  I was 347 pounds, that's right, 347 pounds and I needed to make a change.  Some of you might have followed my other little attempt at blogging and know that all stopped when the phone rang for the call that we had been placed with B.  In that first year of being a dad, it was way easier to hit the drive through and not exercise.  My weight took on the brunt of it and I gained well over 50 pounds that first year and there I was, 347 pounds, that's right, 347 pounds.  So I had to do something and I did, I went to Metabolic Research Center and here I am 11 months later, down 138 pounds and have lost 84 inches from the waist up.  I'm 4 pounds away from my goal weight and I've started the stabilization part of the program.  Once I have completed the six weeks of stabilization, I move on to the maintenance portion.  Anyway, I feel the best I've felt in a long time and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I weighed this amount.  Part of the stabilization is incorporating workouts into the mix.  Prior to this it was all diet based.  So I got a treadmill and started jogging and I jogged until I didn't want to anymore and I did almost two miles.  So I kept to it and tried to run/jog a couple times a week.  That got me to thinking about doing a 5K sometime this year.  Then I saw the Warrior Dash and it scared me a bit, but it also excited me because I honestly think I can do it.  I'm to a point physically were this is a possibility, so let's push myself a bit.  And so today begins Day One of Boots to Asses Training for the Warrior Dash.  Just a mere 125 days away.  This will be my journal for training and other experiences along the way. Here we go!

Day One

Miles logged: 3.0 miles

1 comments:

Big Dogs Little Man said...

Every journey begins with a single step.